Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The simplest recipes I have! (And they are good too!)

I cook a lot. I enjoy cooking and I enjoy eating! I do a lot of intuitive cooking, so recipes of things I've created are hard to come by. But, these recipes are SO EASY that the recipes are easy to remember! If your ingredients are prepped in advance, dinner takes 15 minutes to get on the table!

Baked chicken taquitoes

1 cooked, shredded chicken breast (in advance)
1 can refried beans
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (in advance)
Flour or corn tortillas (I prefer flour)
Cooking spray

Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix the shredded chicken, beans, salsa and cheese. Put a spoonful onto one side of the tortilla and roll up. Place seam side down on the tray. Spray with cooking spray. Bake at 400 (the oven doesn't even need to be preheated!) for about 15 minutes or until nicely browned. We eat them with salsa and sour cream. You could easily replace the shredded chicken with shredded beef or pork or leave it out for meatless ones!

Baked potato soup

3 baked potatoes, shredded (let them cool and then use a grater or food processor in advance)
1 cup shredded cheddar (in advance)
Cooked bacon pieces (in advance, grease saved)
4 green onions, chopped
2 or 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Spices
1 Tbs flour
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth, hot
2 cups milk

Cook green onions and garlic in about a tablespoon of the bacon grease. Add salt and pepper and any other spices you want (I added garlic and cumin) Cook about 2 minutes, stirring so the garlic doesn't burn. Sprinkle in the flour. Stir and let cook for 1 minute. Pour in broth and stir. Microwave milk until warm. Add to pot and bring to boil. Dump in potatoes, cheese and bacon pieces. Stir and serve! This makes about 8-10 cups of soup depending on how big your potatoes were.

I wish I had beautifully yummy pictures of these dishes, but, alas, I'm not a great photographer so I'm sure they wouldn't look as yummy as these dishes really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment