Saturday, February 19, 2011

Too much crafting or sleep deprived?

I've been craft inspired lately so I've been trying to fit some crafting in whenever I get a spare moment. I'm working on a quilt/ blanket made from old sweaters so my serger has been getting a lot of use while I cut out and serge the squares.

But this week, Gideon has been sick and therefore not sleeping well. I think most parents can understand that when baby isn't sleeping well, then Mommy doesn't sleep well! After a rough night on Wednesday and a very rough night Thursday, Dave took Gideon to our room Friday night and rocked him while I worked on a small project.

When Gideon fell asleep, I went to bed with him and fell asleep as well. Sometime after midnight, he woke up crying and crying. Half asleep and dreaming still, I didn't know what to do in my dream to make him stop crying. I picked him up and couldn't figure out what to do next. I thought there was part of him missing and I was trying to find it. I just kept saying, "Gideon, Gideon, Gideon." Then I thought, "If I get him out to living room, I could use the serger to put him back together!"

About then, Dave woke up and took Gideon so I could wake up completely. I told Dave today what I was dreaming and now he thinks I'm crazy and thinks I shouldn't do craft projects right before bed!

So, too much crafting or sleep deprived?

No comments:

Post a Comment